During Open Enrollment
Open Enrollment is your annual chance to review and make changes to your benefits (including whom you cover). This event usually takes place June 1–30. Changes made during Open Enrollment are effective July 1.
During Open Enrollment, you’ll get information about plan changes that affect you and details about how to make changes.
When Your Life Changes
Certain changes in your life—such as marriage, divorce or a new baby—allow you to make certain changes to your benefits outside of Open Enrollment. This is known as a Qualified Status Change. If you experience a Qualified Status Change, you have 30 days from the date of the event to make changes.
Qualified Status Changes include:
- Marriage or a domestic partnership of at least 6 months
- Birth or adoption of a new child
- Death of spouse/domestic partner, divorce, legal separation or annulment
- Loss of insurance coverage due to termination, reduced or increased work schedule, change of residence or worksite, or if you become ineligible for Medicaid/Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP)
- Becoming eligible for a state’s premium assistance program under Medicaid or CHIP
Please contact your Human Resources office to make changes.