What to Know
The dental plan, administered by Delta Dental, helps keep your teeth and mouth healthy by covering preventive care (cleanings and X-rays) at 100% and paying a portion of the cost for other types of care.
How the Plan Works
You pay less when you visit a Delta Dental PPO (DPPO) in-network dentist, and there’s no deductible to meet. Choose to get care from a:
- Delta Dental PPO dentist. You get the highest level of coverage and the lowest out-of-pocket costs.
- Delta Dental Premier dentist. You’ll pay more to see these dentists but still get lower in-network rates.
- Out-of-network dentist. You pay the most when you see an out-of-network dentist.
You’ll also have to meet a deductible before the plan pays benefits and file claims for reimbursement [PDF].
Delta Dental offers one of the largest provider networks in the country — nearly 80% of all dentists in the U.S. are members of the Delta Dental network. Check with your current dentist to see if he or she participates.
View more tips [PDF] for Delta Dental.
What You Pay for Care
Cleanings, exams, X-rays
Anesthesia, root canals, simple and surgical extractions
Crowns, inlays, veneers, implants, bridges
For children and adults
* In addition to any deductible and coinsurance, you are responsible for any billed charge that exceeds Delta Dental’s maximum allowed amount for services provided by an out-of-network provider.
Find a Dentist
Find an in-network provider [PDF], or check coverage and costs at deltadentalins.com, or call (800) 765-6003 Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have a dental emergency [PDF] while traveling, you’re covered.
You won’t need to bring an ID card to your appointment. Just give your dentist your name, date of birth and Social Security number (or your enrollee number, which you’ll find under My ID card after logging in to the Delta Dental website). If you’re a dependent, provide these details to the primary enrollee.
Provider Contact Information
Graduate Medical Education Office
Group Number: 19301
(800) 765-6003 (Language assistance is available.)