Anthem Programs and Offers
Anthem PPO Members
Anthem Health Guide
Personalized support for Anthem PPO members to:
- Find a doctor, hospital or pharmacy.
- Initiate prior authorization requests for medical services.
- Request referrals (when needed).
- Understand out-of-pocket costs.
- Check on the status of a claim and explain how a claim was processed.
- Answer questions about the medical, pharmacy and dental plans.
Anthem PPO members can call toll-free (833) 674-9256, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Anthem HMO Members (UCSF, UCSD, UCR Only)
Anthem HMO members who have questions before their effective date can call, toll-free, First Impressions at (888) 831-2238. Anthem HMO members can call Anthem at (833) 674-9257, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All Anthem members can register with Anthem to:
- Check a medical or pharmacy claim status.
- Find an in-network doctor, hospital or pharmacy.
- Get mail order prescription fills and refills, view drug pricing and the drug list.
Anthem 24/7 NurseLine
Get connected with a registered nurse who can help with medical issues. Call (800) 977-0027.
Available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, Anthem 24/7 NurseLine takes the guesswork out of health problems. When you call, you get instant access to registered nurses who can help you deal with medical issues. Call (800) 700-9186 for immediate answers and reliable information about:
- Your symptoms
- Minor illnesses and injuries
- Medications and side effects
- Self-care home treatments
- When to go to your doctor and when to go to the emergency room
- Chronic conditions
- Medical tests
- Preventive care
- Self-help and support groups
Caring for yourself when you have an ongoing health condition can be challenging. But managing your condition can lead to feeling better, visiting the doctor less frequently and spending less money out of your pocket.
To help people who are managing ongoing conditions live a healthier life, Anthem Blue Cross offers ConditionCare, which gives all Anthem members 24/7 access to a team of health professionals, including nurses, dietitians, pharmacists, social workers and others.
The ConditionCare team can answer your questions and provide advice about:
- Eating healthier
- How to get more exercise
- How to quit smoking
- Pain management
- What your symptoms could mean
To sign up, call the number on the back of your Anthem ID card, and let them know you’re interested in the ConditionCare program. A nurse will ask a few questions to help identify your needs.
Healthy and informed moms increase their chances of having healthier babies. Future Moms is a voluntary program that’s designed for pregnant Anthem members who want additional advice for following their doctor’s care plan.
A registered nurse — experienced in prenatal and postnatal care — will be your health coach throughout your pregnancy and after delivery. Your health coach will call to check on you, give you information specific to your stage of pregnancy and answer questions about any health concerns you have. You’ll also have 24/7 access to a registered nurse, so whenever you have a question, someone is available to help. And additional support is available from pharmacists, nutritionists and mental health professionals.
Plus, your health coach will continue to work with you after childbirth to help you get a strong start and manage any issues that arise.
Sign up for Future Moms, and you’ll get:
- 24/7 access to talk with a nurse coach about your pregnancy, newborn care and much more. Each future mom (and dad) has round-the-clock access to a nurse coach during pregnancy.
- A maternity care diary packed with tips for a healthy pregnancy. There’s also space to track your doctor’s appointments and changes in your body and feelings during your pregnancy.
- A book that shows changes you can expect for yourself and your baby during the next nine months.
- Access to dietitians, pharmacists and social workers, as needed.
To sign up, call the number on the back of your Anthem ID card, and ask to speak to a Future Moms representative. You can sign up as soon as you find out you’re pregnant.
Live More, Pay Less
Saving money is good. Saving money on things that are good for you — that’s even better. With Anthem’s SpecialOffers, you can get discounts on products and services that help promote better health and well-being. It’s just one of the perks of being a member. Here are some examples of what you can save on. For the latest deals and information, go to anthem.com/ca/specialoffers.
- 1-800 Contacts®: Quick and easy contact lenses, plus discounts available only to Anthem members — like $20 off when you spend $100 or more, and free shipping.
- com™: Get the latest brand-name frames for just a fraction of the cost you’d pay at typical retailers — every day. Plus, you get an additional $20 off orders of $100 or more, free shipping and free returns.
- Premier LASIK: Save 15% on LASIK with all in-network providers. Prices are as low as $695 per eye with certain providers.
- Amplifon: Get a low-price guarantee with the seven top companies that work with Amplifon. Save $50 on one hearing aid or $125 on two. Plus, get a three-year repair/loss/damage warranty and a free two-year supply of batteries.
- Beltone™: Get hearing screenings and in-home service at no additional cost and up to 50% off all Beltone hearing aids.
- Jenny Craig®: Join Jenny Craig, and get 50% off All Access Enrollment, plus 5% off all Jenny Craig food.
- Lindora®: Save 20% on weight-loss programs.
- SelfHelpWorks: Choose one of the online Living programs, and get a 40% discount to help you lose weight, stop smoking, manage stress or face an alcohol problem.
- GlobalFit™: Save on gym memberships and GlobalFit’s Virtual Gym.
- ChooseHealthy™: Get preferred pricing on fitness club memberships and a one-week free trial. Enjoy discounts on acupuncture, chiropractors and massage — plus 40% off certain wellness products.
- Linkwell: Get coupons for healthier products.
- LifeMart®: Get great deals on beauty and skin care, diet plans, fitness club memberships and plans, personal care, spa services, yoga classes, sports gear and vision care.
- Puritan’s Pride: Save 10% and get free shipping on a large selection of vitamins, minerals, herbs, supplements and much more.
- Performance Bicycle: Get $20 off a purchase of $80 or more in store or online.
- Garmin: Save 20% on the vívofit 2, vívosmart, vívoactive or Forerunner 15 wearable activity trackers.
- Safe Beginnings®: Babyproof your home while saving 15% on everything from safety gates to outlet covers.
- Nationwide Pet Insurance: Get 5% off pet insurance. Find peace of mind knowing that you have help paying the medical costs for your pet’s accidents, illnesses and routine medical care.
- ASPCA Pet Health Insurance: Get 5% off pet insurance. You can choose from three levels of care, including flexible deductibles and custom reimbursements.
- WINFertility®: Save up to 40% on infertility treatment. WINFertility helps make quality treatment affordable.
- Allergy Control Products: Save 25% on Allergy Control encasings for your bed. Plus, save 20% on a variety of doctor-recommended products for a healthier home, and enjoy free shipping on orders of $150 or more.
- National Allergy® Supply: Save 15% on mattress encasings, air filtration products, compressors and other products that can help relieve your allergy, asthma and sinus symptoms.
These programs and services are strictly discount programs. They are not affiliated with the University of California, not a covered benefit of Anthem Blue Cross health plans, nor do any of the terms or conditions of the Anthem Blue Cross health plans apply. If you have a problem with these services, contact Anthem.