Virtual Therapy Psychiatry
What to Know
Discuss sensitive topics with a therapist in the privacy and comfort of your own home (or other private location), either through online video or by phone. You can also chat with psychiatrists through LiveHealth Online Psychology who can help you manage mental health medications that you’re taking. The service is confidential and is available within the U.S. to all eligible family members.
About LiveHealth Online
Providers are highly trained professionals who can evaluate and treat general mental health conditions in patients ages 10 and older.
Appointments are available to you and any family members enrolled in a UC medical plan. In most cases, you can speak with a therapist within four days.
Why Use LiveHealth Online
- Anywhere access. You can speak with your therapist no matter where you are.
- Flexible appointments. Book an appointment online at a time and date that’s convenient for you — including evenings and weekends.
- The cost is the same as in-person visits.
Types of Conditions
- Family or relationship issues
- Panic attacks
- Stress from coping with sickness
Anthem PPO members pay $15 per visit, and Anthem HMO members pay $10 per visit.
Accessing LiveHealth Online
- Log in to LiveHealth Online.
- Click the LiveHealth Online link on the home page, and choose LiveHealth Online Psychology.
- On your first visit, set up your account.
- Choose the type of therapist you’d like to see.
- Or call LiveHealth Online toll-free at (844) 784-8409from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. (from any time zone).
- Pay for services online using your credit card.
Download the app from Google Play™ or the App Store℠, and follow the instructions to access LiveHealth Online through your mobile device. To support two-way video visits, your device must have a front-facing camera. LiveHealth Online is not currently available via the web browser on your mobile device.
You must be at least 18 years old and a U.S. resident to set up an account. Children ages 10–17 can be seen through a parent’s or guardian’s account.
To learn more, visit Resources on LiveHealth Online, or call (855) 603-7985.
You must access LiveHealth Online or LiveHealth Online Psychology from a computer with a webcam or built-in camera. You will also need:
- High-speed internet access
- Audio capability
- The correct internet browser (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft, Internet Explorer, and Safari)