- At a UC Medical Center or One Medical provider (Tier 1 providers result in lowest out-of-pocket costs to you, although an annual One Medical fee applies to One Medical.).
- From an Anthem provider (Tier 2 in-network providers). Log in to Anthem to find an Anthem PPO provider. Or, call Anthem toll-free at (833) 674-9256.
- At a UC Medical Center or One Medical provider.
- From an Anthem provider. Log in to Anthem to find an Anthem HMO provider. HMO members can call (833) 674-9257 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Pacific).
Outside of California
- Anthem HMO: Except for emergencies, all care must be coordinated through your primary care physician (PCP).
- Anthem PPO: If you're enrolled in the Anthem PPO, when you’re working or traveling outside of California, you’re covered through the BlueCard® Program. There is no coverage outside the U.S.
The Anthem PPO gives you access to care across the United States through the BlueCard Program, which includes 92% of U.S. doctors and 96% of U.S. hospitals. You are not required to use a BlueCard provider; however, you’ll pay less when you do because services received from BlueCard providers are reimbursed at the in-network level of coverage.
How It Works
- You must first meet your plan’s deductible. Then the plan pays the same percentage of the cost for covered services as if you were at home.
- There is no charge for preventive care.
- You can see most types of in-network providers without a referral. However, some specialists—as well as certain treatments and procedures—may require a referral or prior authorization before your first visit. Learn more.
- If you seek out-of-network care, you’ll need to submit a claim, and you’ll pay a higher deductible and a greater share of the costs.
With BlueCard, you can:
- Access care across the U.S.
- Go to most types of providers without a referral.
- Use a BlueCard provider to keep your costs down (but doing so is not required).
To find a BlueCard provider, call 800-810-BLUE or go to anthem.com/ca, and select Find a Doctor.
HMO and PPO members who live or work in the San Francisco Bay Area have access to One Medical Group, a concierge medical practice with more than 100 top-rated health care professionals that have time to listen and make you a priority.
One Medical Group can handle everything from preventive medicine to the treatment of acute and chronic conditions, and, you can schedule same- or next-day appointments by:
- Using their smartphone app
And free 24/7 virtual care makes it easy to get treated at 3 a.m. or anytime while traveling.
To become a patient, you must first become a member. The $149 annual membership fee is waived for UC HMO and PPO members.
To sign up, simply follow these instructions
- Visit onemedical.com
- Complete the registration steps
- Use Promotion Code UCXOMG
- Enter your (the employee’s) first and last name
- Select Yes or No to the question “Are you already a Member?”
- Complete the rest of the registration